- Bas Relief, LLC Books, Educational Supplies and Artwork Celebrating Natural History (especially monarchs!) Bas Relief, LLC is the work of Ba Rea, exploring natural history. It includes books, educational materials, writing, and artwork. The subject matter often focuses on monarch butterflies and the milkweed community.
- Edith Smith's (of Shady Oak Farm) Wednesday, January 21, 2009, Blog page "What is Going On Inside a Monarch Chrysalis?" Edith Smith presents a great labelled image of the body parts visible on a newly formed monarch chrysalis.
- Journey North's Monarch pages An excellent resource for monarch information where students and monarch enthusiasts track monarch migration.
- Monarch Watch Monarch Watch at the University of Kansas offers tagging, Monarch Waystations programs and more.
- Monarchlab at the Univarsity of Minnesota Check out this excellent monarch site
- The Monarch Larva Monitoring Project A great citizen science project investigating the population dynamics of the monarch butterfly. You can be involved.
Ba Rea, exploring the nature world.
Join 90 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Monarchs
Chasing Monarch Eggs
This year the monarchs came early to the Knobs of West Virginia. Usually I see a few eggs in May. The butterflies are likely the offspring of the Mexican migrants hatched from eggs laid in the southern tier of states. … Continue reading
Back in the Milkweed Patch.
Monarchs arrived early this year on the Knobs, in southeastern West Virginia. I spotted a tattered, faded monarch—likely a Mexican migrant— on April 30. Between those she left and those I found checking out milkweed on other spots on the … Continue reading
Ba talks a lot! (about monarchs)
It’s winter in the milkweed patch in my backyard on the Knobs of West Virginia. Just had the pleasure of doing a radio talk show, Birds and Nature, with Scott Shalaway about monarchs, monarch books, monarch programs, this trip and … Continue reading
Posted in Raising monarchs, Uncategorized Tagged migration, monarch butterflies, Monarchs 1 Comment
From the Beautiful Hotel Morillo in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico
This post comes to you from the incredibly beautiful courtyard of the Hotel Morillo in Coahuila, Mexico. http://www.elmorillo.com.mx We are relaxing after days of pushing to get into Mexico and meeting up with a Monarch Monitoring conference in Saltillo. As we … Continue reading
Greetings from Laurel, MS
WV Monarch migrating through Laurel Mississippi We are spending the day at Carole Jordan’s place in Laurel, Mississippi. Carole traveled with me on my first trip to Mexico. She maintains an apartment in Zitacuaro where she has lived several winters … Continue reading